PACEY is the Professional Association for
Childcare and Early Years. A standard-setting organisation, we
promote best practice and support childcare professionals to
deliver high standards of care and learning.
Since 1977 we have provided high quality support to our members and
have worked with government, local authorities and others to raise
PACEY supports its members to grow their own professionalism and
to be part of a sector-wide organisation representing their views
Together with our members – childminders, nannies and nursery
workers - we are working to become the professional association for
everyone in childcare and early years and ensure our members are
recognised for the vital role they play in helping children get the
best start in life.
Our mission is to enable all our members to achieve the highest
standards of care and learning for children and together build
recognition of their professionalism.
As a professional association, we achieve our vision and mission
- Working in partnership with our members to
establish and maintain the highest standards for their
- Supporting our members to meet those
standards through learning, information and advice.
- Enabling our members to belong to a community
of professionals, sharing ideas and experiences with each
- Representing our members and ensure their
work is recognised.
- Continually improving our organisation, to
achieve the highest standards of service delivery.
Treating customers fairly
PACEY is committed to treating all its customers fairly. We work
hard to ensure:
- the fair treatment of customers is central to our culture
- our products and services are designed to meet your needs
- we provide you with clear information and keep you
appropriately informed before, during and after the point of
- we provide advice which is suitable and takes account of your
- our products and services are of good quality and meet your
- we respect your statutory rights and provide clear refund and
- we make it easy for you to submit a claim or make a
PACEY's values guide all its staff and volunteers in how they
make decisions about the work they do to support children,
families, registered childminders, nannies and nursery workers.
- Expert - by using latest
evidence and best practice, we provide members with knowledge and
information to deliver high standards of care and learning to
children and promote members' views and experience to decision
- Supportive - by providing
quality services we empower our members to grow their own
professionalism and provide each other with peer support.
- Accountable - by involving
our members in developing our policies and plans and being open
about the decisions we reach, we engage members in shaping their
PACEY's Professional Standards
All members of PACEY sign up to our Professional
Standards and agree to undertake at least 15 hours of
continuous professional development (CPD) each year. This
commitment supports them to progress up these standards and to
demonstrate their professionalism to others.
Want to be part of PACEY? Join online here or if you’re already
a member login to