Become a childminder
If you love children and want to help give them the
best start in life, being a registered childminder could be the
ideal job for you.
We say, "job", but our members tell us that being a childminder
is a vocation. They are often drawn to childminding because of all
the fantastic opportunities the career offers - from making a
difference to a child's life, to being your own boss and working
As a registered childminder you will:
- Offer the children you care for a happy and inspirational
- See the children that you care for grow and develop.
- Work in your home, choosing the hours you work and the services
- Have a career where no two days are the same.
- Care for your own children at the same time if you have a
- Meet other childcare professionals in your area and get to know
your local community.
- Join many thousands of childminders in England and Wales
providing high-quality childcare.
If you want to become a childminder, read on to discover more
about the training required. We'll also
highlight some of the professional development opportunities
available to you.
Many registered childminders begin their career as a childminding
assistant. Read more about this, and find out about PACEY's
great membership offer for assistants.
Join your professional association
is the best way to demonstrate your commitment to your childminding
career. As a member of the largest and longest established
professional association representing childminders, you can be sure
of getting the support, advice, training, backing and information
you need to help start a successful business from home.
Join PACEY now for the first steps in your new career. And
join today, you'll receive a copy of our book, Creative
Page last updated:
Want to be part of PACEY? Join online here or if you’re already
a member login to