Become a childminder
There are so many fantastic reasons to become a
If you'd like to have a rewarding career, be your own boss, run
your business from home and make a real difference to children's
lives, then being a registered childminder might be just the job
As a registered childminder you will:
- Offer the children you care for a happy and inspirational
- See the children that you care for grow and develop.
- Work in your home, choosing the hours you work and the services
- Have a career where no two days are the same.
- Care for your own children at the same time if you have a
- Meet other childminders in your area and get to know your local
- Join around many thousands of childminders in England and Wales
providing high-quality childcare.
If you want to become a childminder, we will
explain the training that is
required and highlight some of the professional development
opportunities available to
Join your professional association
Joining PACEY is the best way to demonstrate your commitment to
your childminding career. As a member of the largest and longest
established professional assocation representing childminders, you
can be sure of getting the support, advice, training, backing and
information you need.
now for the first steps in your new career.
Page last updated:
Want to be part of PACEY? Join online here or if you’re already
a member login to