PACEY's volunteers are awesome!
Our volunteers, known as PACEY Champions, are a group of childcare professionals who give their time to support others by sharing their enthusiasm, skills and knowledge both in their local area and across social media.
Many PACEY Champions run volunteer support sessions locally and online, offering a providers a way to build confidence and spark new ideas to extend their practice.
Our volunteers tell us they give their time for free to:
- demonstrate their commitment to early years education and childcare
- meet and learn from other members
- influence PACEY's work
- develop their skills and knowledge and access information to stay ahead
The benefits of volunteering include being better informed about childcare policy and what PACEY is doing, alongside a personal sense of satisfaction – of giving something back and making a difference.
PACEY Champions represent and promote professional childcare to the wider world, but they also have the opportunity to gain and develop new skills which grow their own personal confidence, for example public speaking or giving presentations.
Representing and promoting professional childcare and PACEY members as a PACEY Champion results in a feeling of being more involved with the sector as a result. Plus there's also a great social side to volunteering and it's a brilliant way to make friends.
Make your voice count
There are plenty of ways that you can get involved with PACEY on a voluntary basis. You could:
- provide support to other childcare professionals as a PACEY Champion and be a positive ambassador for PACEY via social media sites online or when meeting other childcare professionals
- advise on aspects of PACEY work, for example as part of the PACEY Advisory Group
- support PACEY to deliver its plans, as a Board member
- contribute to articles in Childcare Professional magazine and on the website, or become a case study, showcasing good practice.
- get involved in PACEY campaigns or invite an MP or AM to visit your setting to raise awareness of childcare as a profession.
Want to get involved?
If this sounds like something for you, get in touch with us today! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in being a PACEY Champion. We're looking forward to hearing from you!