PACEY's volunteers are awesome!
Our volunteers are a group of childcare professionals who give their time to support others by sharing their enthusiasm, skills and knowledge in their local area and in our PACEY Local forum.
PACEY's volunteers work as part of the PACEY Local community to provide peer-to-peer support in groups and online - a vital tool that can build confidence and spark new ideas to extend your practice.
Our volunteers tell us they give their time for free to:
- demonstrate their commitment to early years education and childcare
- meet and learn from other members
- influence PACEY's work
- develop their skills and knowledge and access information to stay ahead
The benefits of volunteering include being better informed about childcare policy and what PACEY is doing, alongside a personal sense of satisfaction – of giving something back and making a difference.
Volunteers represent and promote professional childcare to the wider world, but they also have the opportunity to gain and develop new skills which grow their own personal confidence, for example public speaking or giving presentations.
Representing and promoting professional childcare and PACEY members as a volunteer results in a feeling of being more involved with the sector as a result.
We provide opportunities for volunteers to get together for training workshops and networking to help them extend their professional development. Plus there's also a great social side to volunteering and it's a brilliant way to make friends.
Make your voice count
There are plenty of ways that you can get involved with PACEY on a voluntary basis. You could:
- provide peer support to other childcare professionals as a PACEY Local face to face Facilitator
- advise on aspects of PACEY work, for example as part of the PACEY Advisory Group
- support PACEY to deliver its plans, as a Board member
- join a PACEY Local group to offer information, friendship and peer support to other childcare professionals, and promote your profession and its work by being an active member of our online communities
- be a positive ambassador for PACEY via social media sites online or when meeting other childcare professionals
- contribute to articles on the website and on PACEY Local or become a case study, showcasing good practice.
- get involved in PACEY campaigns or invite an MP or AM to visit your setting to raise awareness of childcare as a profession.
Want to get involved?
If this sounds like something for you, get in touch with us today! Email email@example.com to express your interest in being a PACEY volunteer. We're looking forward to hearing from you!