Themed sensory play
Create a seasonal box or tray of interesting things to excite the senses.
You will need:
- Tray or box
- Items, for example:
- Fir cones of various sizes
- Cinnamon sticks that the children can smell and feel
- Satsumas to 'squish' and smell
- Bubble wrap to feel and 'pop'
- Small foam pieces or dry pasta to bury/hid the items!
More ideas to try:
Making a sensory box, tray or basket linked to a particular theme, for example a winter theme could include:
- Toy polar bears in various sizes
- Small opaque stones
- Pieces of foam cut to various sizes to represent icebergs.