Overview of Kinderly Learn
Being at your best for the children is something Kinderly knows early years professionals strive to deliver and the team at Kinderly has been working hard to find more ways to support you in this.
Training and CPD is an essential part of being at your best and we recognise that this is not always that simple to fulfill, especially for childminders who often have limited support in their setting or funds to afford the time or cost of many traditional training and CPD courses.
Introducing Kinderly Learn, a new and unique online learning platform that provides learning which is fun, engaging, affordable and completely at your fingertips. It enables childcare professionals to learn what they want, when they want and at a pace they want.
Kinderly Learn provides short 'learning bites' (no more than a few minutes) in a variety of formats including animations, quizzes, videos, factsheets and much more.
Shery Bloomfield, registered childminder says:
I love using Kinderly Learn and get loads from it. There's lots of variety, like factsheets, animations and quizzes, and learning in different ways helps me remember more.
Subjects and Learning Paths include:
- Observations, assessment and planning
- Preparing for Ofsted
- Supporting children with SEND
- Supporting behaviour
- Understanding child development
- Running a childminding business
Kinderly Learn subscribers also have access to free monthly expert webinars and can use the 'ask the expert' forum for trusted advice or support.
Kinderly Learn LIVE! Webinars
|Monday 24 June
||Supporting speech and language development
||Sue Asquith and Pat Tomlinson, PACEY trainers
|Wednesday 24 July 2019
||Strategies for supporting children with SEND
||Kerry Payne, Early Education
|Wednesday 28 August 2019
||Taking observations and planning to the next level
||Sue Asquith & Pat Tomlinson, PACEY trainers
|Monday 23 September 2019
||Teaching maths through play (TBC)
||Maureen Hunt, Achievement for All
Kinderly Learn has been created in partnership with PACEY, Achievement for All, Bath Spa University and a range of early years experts, so you can rest assured that all the information is trustworthy and reliable.
For more information and to start a free 14-day trial, go to www.kinderly.co.uk/learn.
Summary of features, benefits and pricing:
- Bite sized learning - It only takes a few minutes to complete each 'learning bite' in a variety of formats.
- Interactive - Fun and engaging videos, quizzes, factsheets, activities, podcasts, animations and much more.
- On demand - Do your CPD in a time and place that suits you, at home, at weekends, evenings, nap times etc.
- Customised - Choose what topics you're interested in or need to know more about.
- Affordable - From only £3.75 (+VAT) for PACEY members paying annually - a discount of 37.5% off the standard monthly price. Kinderly Together subscribers pay £3.00 per month (+VAT) when paying annually - 50% off the standard monthly price!
- CPD record - Download/print a record of how much and what CPD you've done, available monthly.
- Expert advice when you need it - Post a question on the 'ask an expert' forum and receive a response within 24 hours. Information and advice on Kinderly Learn is provided by early years experts, so you can be sure it's reliable, trustworthy and completely up to date.
- Free monthly webinars - Free to subscribers and if you're on the 14-day free trail. Topics include: Run by early years experts from the sector including PACEY and Early Education.
- Badges - Get a badge for every learning path completed (c. 7 bites) or 30 minutes worth of learning.
Debbie Else, registered childminder from Luton says:
It's so nice and quick - as a childminder, it's difficult to find the time to do learning so I like the fact there are little snippets you can get each day.
Carolyn Hill, early years teacher from Bristol also says:
It's accessible at the time you choose - I can dip into it and see what's new - so you're not tied to learning at the same time every week.