Take a walk in the Autumn air and collect interesting leaves with different shapes and sizes to make your own colourful prints!
You will need:
- Plain paper
- Paint brushes
- Various colours of paint
- Collected leaves
- Collect leaves of varied shapes and colours. Lay them flat with the veins showing. Choose a few leaves each.
- Using a paint brush and your chosen colour, paint the veiny surface of the leaves.
- Turn the leaf over, placing it painted side down to print onto the paper.
- Using fingers, gently press the leaves to the paper to help transfer the paint to make a complete leaf print onto the paper.
- Carefully peel the leaf from the paper to reveal your print!
More ideas to try
- Collect handfuls of leaves and watch how they fall when thrown into the air.
- If you have a group of children, try putting a pile of leaves in the centre of a parachute. See how high you can throw them!
- Have you thought about bark rubbing with paper and crayons? What patterns can the children see in their rubbings?
- Fill a large tray with a selection of leaves and explore the textures and sounds you can find.