Fingerprint wrapping paper
Why not enjoy creating fingerprint wrapping paper as well? Children can give their gifts a personal touch, along with their cards, with wrapping paper that is unique and fun to make.
You will need:
- Brown paper or large sheet of lining paper
- Various coloured paints
- Variety of shaped sponges and cutters
- Shallow trays for the paint
- Decide on the size of the wrapping paper required.
- Children can dip fingers and hands into the paint, making print marks onto the paper.
- Talk what you think the prints look like, using a wide vocabulary to explore colour, texture and shape.
More ideas to try...
- Use sponges or potatoes cut into shapes or cutters for a special festival or celebration paper.
- You could try foot prints.
- Add glitter to the paint to provide an alternative sensory feel and look to the printing.
- Use different colours to represent times of the year, for example, red and green for Christmas, orange and yellow for Autumn.
- You could try making gift tags or cards to match your paper – be as creative as you like