All PACEY members have access to free online training courses as a benefit of their membership.
With a focus on special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in the latest issue of The Childcare Professional, PACEY members are able to access free and relevant training courses.
Courses that support your SEND work include:
- Raising Developmental Concerns with Parents
- Supporting Children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs
- An Introduction to Children Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder
One member said, "I have recently completed An Introduction to Children Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder course. I found the course very beneficial as I have a family member who has Aspergers, I found the video clip within the course particularly useful as it demonstrated some of the common traits of the condition ie lining up objects or stacking them.
"I feel it is important to be knowledgeable of these conditions in order to get parents the right help and support early on which in turn will impact on a child's learning and development. I am aware through personal experience just how important this is. The impact the course had on me has made me want to further my knowledge in this area."
Other courses available include:
- The revised EYFS (England only)
- The Foundation Phase (Wales only)
- Expectations of behaviour
- Starting out – Supporting children’s emotional wellbeing.
If you're already a PACEY member, log into your free courses today. If you've not yet joined PACEY, sign up below.