PACEY Cymru has teamed up with training provider Reactive First Aid to offer accredited Paediatric First Aid training in Wales.
PACEY Cymru will also be working closely with Reactive First Aid over the next six months to take forward related work that will support ongoing discussions with the Welsh Government, CSSIW and Cwlwm partners around best practice in relation to first aid training for childcare and early years professionals in Wales.
This training meets the best practice guidelines for first aid training promoted by PACEY. These are that the training:
- Caters for practitioners caring for children in the absence of their parents
- Be for a minimum of 12 hours
- Covers what to include in a first-aid kit for babies and children
- Demonstrates resuscitation techniques using models of babies and children, and gives practitioners a chance to practise on models of each age group
- Includes how to record accidents and incidents appropriately.
- Meets the requirements of CSSIW in Wales
Claire Protheroe, PACEY's Direct Services Manager for Wales said "We are excited to be working with Reactive First Aid in Wales to support the access to, and delivery of, high quality first aid training that meets the needs of childcare and early years professionals."
Trystan Davies, Director of Reactive First Aid added "We are looking forward to working with PACEY. At Reactive First Aid we believe our trainers' real life experiences will help childcare and early years professionals feel more confident to apply their first aid skills in a life threatening emergency or support anyone in need of medical treatment."
Discover more about the benefits of choosing this training and how to book here.