Ofsted has today published a document which outlines the conduct expected during an inspection from both inspectors and providers.
Among other commitments, the paper outlines that inspectors will:
- evaluate objectively, be impartial and inspect without fear or favour
- evaluate provision in line with frameworks, national standards or regulatory requirements
- base all evaluations on clear and robust evidence
- report honestly and clearly, ensuring that judgements are fair and reliable
- take all reasonable steps to prevent undue anxiety and minimise stress
Expectations of providers are also outlined, and include:
- enable inspectors to conduct their visit in an open and honest way
- enable inspectors to evaluate the provision objectively against the frameworks, standards or regulatory requirements
- provide evidence that will enable the inspector to report honestly, fairly and reliably about their provision
Read the full document here. And read our Top Ten Tips to Outstanding blog.