PACEY is proud to announce that we have joined the Fair Education Alliance (FEA), a coalition of organisations from across education, charities and business working to tackle educational inequality and to build a fairer education for all by 2022.
How much a child’s parents earn too often determines how well they do at school and in life. The FEA is working towards a world where our education system is fair – where no child’s educational success is limited by their socio-economic background.
The FEA has set out five impact goals to tackle this inequality:
- Narrow the gap in literacy and numeracy at primary school
- Narrow the gap in GCSE attainment at secondary school
- Ensure young people develop key strengths, including resilience and wellbeing, to support high aspirations
- Narrow the gap in the proportion of young people taking part in further education or employment based training after finishing their GCSEs
- Narrow the gap in university graduation, including from the 25% most selective universities
You can read the latest progress report on these goals in the FEA’s Report Card 2015.
The FEA has identified the early years as a key area of focus for its 2016-17 strategy and, like PACEY, is a supporter the Read On. Get On. campaign.
We look forward to working with the FEA to raise awareness of how high quality early years provision can help narrow the gaps between the most and least disadvantaged children.