Eligible parents can now begin applying for 30 hours ahead of the September roll out and start using Tax-Free Childcare through the government’s online Childcare Service.
How to register as a childcare provider:
- You will need to do this so that parents who've successfully applied for Tax-Free Childcare can make payments to you.
- To sign up you will need your user ID from your sign up letter; your business bank account details; your business' Unique Taxpayer Reference; the postcode that your UTR is registered to or your National Insurance number.
- You must be registered with a regulator such as Ofsted to apply.
- Simply register on the GOV.UK website.
- Signing up will take around 10 minutes.
How to register as a parent:
- Check whether your childcare provider is signed up for Tax-Free Childcare using the search for childcare system.
- Use the cost calculator to see what help is available for covering childcare costs and support available.
- Make sure you have your National Insurance number; if you are self-employed, your Unique Taxpayer Reference; the date you started, or are due to start work and details of any government support you get.
- Simply go to the GOV.UK website.
- You can either apply for Tax-Free Childcare or 30 hours free childcare. It is one application all done through one single application which will check eligibility for both.
- Sign up should take around 20 minutes.
For all your FAQ's on 30 hours take a look at our spotlight or download as a factsheet. We have answered key questions, provided a simple powerpoint and factsheets to support the implementation and understanding of 30 hours and Tax-Free Childcare.
Childminders can get all the information on how to prepare on our blog.
The government recently set up Childcare Choices, giving you a straightforward explanation of all government childcare support, bringing all the childcare offers together and providing a simple way of seeing which schemes are available.
We are always updated our FAQ's so if you have a key question that needs answering, please let us know.