The government is introducing new ways to support both parents and childcare providers with the implementation of new government schemes including Tax-Free Childcare and 30 hours free childcare in England and 30 hours Childcare Offer in Wales.
Childcare Choices brings together all the government childcare offers to help parents find the right childcare support to suit them. The website has been specially designed for parents as a quick and simple way of seeing which schemes could provide support for their families. There are also resources for childcare providers to support the delivery of these schemes in their settings.
- Look through all the help on offer by simply inputting basic information about your income and living situation.
- Understand each offer available for you.
- Read simple facts about an offer, what support there is and whether you are eligible.
- See the available settings that are participating in each scheme including Nurseries, pre-schools, childminders and Sure Start children's centres.
- Pre-register for email alerts that will notify them when you can apply for Tax-Free Childcare and 30 hours free childcare in England and 30 hours Childcare Offer in Wales.
- Make use of the Childcare Calculator for parents to compare the government's childcare offers and check what works best for your families.
- Find out how the new schemes effect you.
- Understand what Tax-Free Childcare will mean for your setting.
- Read information on how to sign up as a provider.
- Know what will be available for parents so you can promote your setting accordingly, including a digital tool for parents to use to see which childcare providers have signed up to receive Tax-Free Childcare.
- For those in England see what 30 hours means for you, the benefits of the scheme and what you need to do to get ready to deliver 30 hours from September 2017.
- For those in Wales further information on what the 30 hours Childcare Offer means for you.