Following the publication of the PACEY Cymru Childminder De-registrations in Wales report in 2017 we have published an update on statistics and work that has been undertaken against the recommendations.
This Update to Childminder De-registrations in Wales has found a continuation in the decrease of the number of registered childminders with a 2% drop within the last year alone.
On a positive note the updated report shows the strong work that has been undertaken and is continuing to support the sector. This includes:
- Publishing of a revised and updated Policies and Procedures Guide for childminders in Wales, including a range of new policies which have been added to the guide. PACEY Cymru have also reviewed these in preparation for GDPR in May 2018.
- Developed digital literacy and confidence training and resources and promoted to Local Authorities across Wales
- Implemented a system to provide telephone support and resources to newly registered childminders which has been strongly received.
- Introduced a free introduction webinar for those who are newly registered childminders to provide support and guidance on key issues and reduce isolation.
- Developed a new model for Fforwm PACEY Cymru Forum to replace the regional PACEY Local model following feedback and internal development.This will be launched in June 2018.
- Agreed on the development of a guidance pack for childminding groups to be published in 18-19
- Worked with DWP and JCP to produce a guide on Childcare Choices for internal and external sharing by JCP on childcare role options
- Put plans in place to support DWP Early Years Campaign in May 18
- Worked closely with CIW on the roll out of SASS 2 with improved response rate from summer 2016 in autumn 2017 and continued to support work in this area.
- Worked with CIW to ensure clear and consistent information around the process for DBS applications and renewals for childminders and childminding assistants given changes that came in on the 1st April.
- Lobbied for change around the funding for the Related Children issue affecting childminders delivering the Childcare Offer in Wales, and continue to do so.A final decision on this is due in 18-19.
If you have any queries regarding this report please contact email@example.com