Today, the Prime Minister has announced a number of changes to lockdown restrictions in England which will take effect from 4 July. While this is a positive step forward we await further updated guidance from the Department for Education on what this means for current arrangements for early years and childcare settings.
Changes announced by the Prime Minister today include:
- Where it is possible to keep two metres apart people should. But where it is not, government have advised people to keep a social distance of ‘one metre plus’,
- Most leisure facilities and tourist attractions will reopen if they can do so safely, including playgrounds.
- Wrap-around care for school age children will restart over the summer.
- Primary and secondary education will recommence in September with full attendance.
- “Close proximity” venues including soft-play areas and swimming pools will remain closed for now.
The Prime Minister stressed that these conditions are all reversible, depending on local need and the spread of the virus.
We will update our resources and FAQs as soon as possible as well as share official guidance once released.