The childminder start-up grants scheme in England will open for applications by Thursday 30 November 2023.
As announced in March 2023, newly registered childminders can receive:
- £600 for those registering with Ofsted
- £1200 for those registering with a childminder agency
Childminder agency childminders will receive their £1200 in 2 instalments, with a 6-month limit on the second instalment. They’ll get:
- the first £600 following registration
- the second £600 once they’re operational and caring for at least one child
Recipients must complete their childminder registration between 15 March 2023 and 31 March 2025 before applying for the grant.
Childminders must apply for the grant within 2 months of registering or the scheme launching.
Recipients cannot receive more than one grant from the scheme.
- will operate in England only
- is only open to new childminders (these are individuals who have not been previously registered with Ofsted or a childminder agency within 12 months prior to applying for the grant)
More guidance will be published with more detail when the scheme launches.