Our work with Government in England
PACEY works closely with central government in England to help shape early years policy, offering advice and advocacy on behalf of our members.
We also meet regularly with elected Ministers and representatives of non-ministerial departments such as Ofsted.
In the last 12 months, PACEY has shared members' views with Westminster government officials, MPs, Lords and Ministers on the following issues:
- The cost of childcare - funded early years education places for 2-, 3-, and 4-year-olds and the affordability of childcare, for parents and providers
- Qualifications pathways and continuous professional development (CPD)
- The new Tax-Free Childcare funding scheme and other financial support
- Childcare in schools and baseline testing proposals
- School readiness and the importance of play
- Ofsted's inspection and statistics.
Read our latest responses to government consultations here.
You can make your voice heard and contribute to PACEY's work in talking to government by getting involved with the PACEY community.