PACEY Connect packages
We offer flexible, affordable and tailored support for local authorities that helps provide quality childcare for local communities and improve outcomes for children.
Quality early care and learning are vital for children's futures, and local authorities have a duty to provide sufficient childcare.
We offer various packages for local authorities which help people working for children’s services teams to address issues they may be facing in supporting childminders.
You can choose from four PACEY Connect packages, and add on bundles of support to increase the number of qualified, professional and competent local childminders and other early years professionals.
Promoting childminding as a career
Improving local childcare
Please note: prices displayed are per person
Package one: Promoting childminding as a career - £15
It can be difficult to organise convenient training when people are based around your local area and only available at evenings or weekends. This package buys a webinar briefing session for people interested in becoming registered childcare professionals.
It's a live online seminar led by an expert PACEY tutor about everything you need to know to become a registered childcare professional, including:
- The legal requirements of becoming a registered childminder
- Ofsted's role in relation to childminding and the registration process
- An overview of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), the statutory standards that all early years providers must meet in England.
The session is tailored to your needs and lasts between 45 and 90 minutes.
Package two: Getting Ofsted-ready - £339.75
This PACEY Start Up package helps people begin their career in childminding and includes:
Package three: Supporting professionalism - £351.21
To stay up-to-date with the latest development in early years education, improve their practice and keep meeting statutory standards, childminders need support and training throughout their career.
Our PACEY Professional bundle helps make this happen. It includes:
- 1x PACEY membership
- 2 x training webinars from the extensive PACEY menu, which includes everything from supporting a child with special needs to deciphering statutory standards
- 1 x free 92-page book filled with activities to enjoy with children called Creative Ideas to help local authority staff and childminders stay inspired
- 1 x visit to a childcare setting from a PACEY member of staff to help childminders meet Ofsted standards
Package four: Improving Local Childcare - £508.25
There are many reasons why a childminder might not be graded as 'good' or 'outstanding' by Ofsted. It is a lot more cost-effective and sustainable to move struggling childminders up a grade than recruiting and training new childminders. At PACEY, we specialise in achieving and retaining excellence through first-class support.
This Intensive Support bundle offers:
- 1 x PACEY childminder membership
- 2 x visits to a childcare setting from a PACEY member of staff to help childminders meet Ofsted standards, including providing a targeted action plan about ways who to improve
- 4 x telephone calls with a member of our support team for a childcare professional who needs to improve their Ofsted rating.
Add-on PACEY Connect packages
Starting at just £14 for webinars, our add on bundles are discounted for PACEY members coming through the PACEY Connect programme. They include:
- Tools of the Trade Top up Pack with further registers and contracts to support childminders' businesses
- Further visits to childcare settings by a member of the PACEY team to prepare for Ofsted
- Webinars on a huge range of childcare subjects
- Face to face training workshops on diverse topics
- Paediatric first-aid course
- Child protection course
- Employers' liability insurance for childminders
- PACEY childminding network membership for local authorities.