Activities and ideas
Fun and creative ideas that you can try at home or at school with a few simple supplies. If you've had a go at any of the activities, we'd love to see your pictures in the creative ideas forum.
All of our activities can be used to support some or all of the areas of child development covered by the frameworks in England and Wales: communication and language, literacy, mathematics, physical development, personal, social and emotional development, expressive art and design, and understanding the world.
We've split the activities into seasons, but there's nothing to say you can't do these all through the year!
- Drop stones - use every day objects and transform into a fun activity to enjoy with the children.
- Marble rolling - a fun messy play activity
- Bark rubbing - Encourage the children to explore the texture of trees in a chosen area
- Paint splats - A lovely way to discover patterns and discuss with the children
- Chattersacks and storysacks - a great way to explore a theme or particular interest of a child.
Autumn tips and ideas