Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare course
Product code: HBCA
In categories: Online training, Pre-registration training
We recommend that you begin your career as a childminder with the best childminding training course, Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare (HBCA).
HBCA is a level 3 award that covers every aspect of being a registered childminder, childminding assistant or nanny, including: child nutrition; costs and charges; meeting children's learning needs and working in partnership with parents and other professionals.
The HBCA course has been created by childcare experts to give you the very best foundations for a successful career as a registered childminder, childminding assistant or nanny in England.
Read moreRead less
The HBCA course is made up of two units with three work plans linked to the e-platform learning resources and webinars. All learners complete Unit 1 and then choose whether to do Unit 2 if aiming to be a childminder, or Unit 3 if aiming to become a nanny. In order to give you the best start to your research and childminding career, your course will include three months’ free PACEY student membership as well as the support of your expert assessor.
Unit one provides learners with the knowledge required to work with children in a home-based setting. Topics include:
- Children’s learning and development, including why play is so vital to children's development, and how to promote it
- Regulations and rules about home based childcare, including the legislation you have to know about
- Safeguarding, child protection and health and safety in a home-based childcare environment
- How to promote equality, diversity and inclusion in your setting
- Day to day care routines for children
- Working in partnership with parents and other professionals
- The role of observation has in planning and helping children learn
Unit two of the course will help you to set up a home based childcare business. It covers:
- Leading and managing a home-based childcare setting
- Creating a business plan for successful business development
- Managing your finances, including taxes
- Registration requirements
Unit three explores the role of the nanny. Areas covered are:
- Understanding partnership working for the nanny
- Expectations required in the role of the nanny
- Understanding the role of advisory, guidance and support services for the nanny
- How to plan steps to become a nanny
Free added benefits
- When you study the HBCA course with The Childcare Company, you’ll get three months’ free PACEY membership. This means that as well as access to a host of member benefits, you’ll have all the support you need. This includes not only to access the materials that will help you complete your HBCA course, but that will help you to set up your childminding business as well.
- The HBCA is an e-learning course completed online so you will need access to a computer, and some basic skills, to complete the course. It is designed to be flexible and to allow you to combine a qualification whilst balancing work commitments and family life. You can view your training on or off line on an Apple or Android handheld device (phone or tablet) but you will need access to a PC or laptop in order to upload your written assignments to the e-learning platform.
- If you live in Wales, read about the relevant home-based childcare training in Wales.