Building your childminding business (England)
Would you like to understand how to set up and run a successful childminding business in England?
Who's the course for?
This online course is aimed at potential childminders in England who may have completed a pre-registration course other than the Level 3 Award in preparing to work in home-based childcare, or any established childminder that wishes to refresh their knowledge of all the elements of running a business.
Please note - the content of this course is also part of the Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-based Childcare. If you are embarking on HBCA, you do not need to complete this training seperately.
Why should I sign-up?
By the end of this module, learners will be able to:
- Recognise the skills, attributes and behaviours required to lead and manage a childminding setting
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of a childminder when leading and managing a setting
- Explore how to comply with financial and taxation requirements when running a childminding business
- Explore what it means to be self employed and an employer. Understand the self assesment process
- Understand how to create a business plan.
Learners will have to complete short assessments at the end of the course and will be able to print a certificate upon completion.
The information, extra information links and activities provided are designed to offer practical ideas to promote further thinking and reflective practice about building your childminding business. These reflections can be added to your inspection self evaluation form, PACEY audit tool and your action plan.
How much is it?
How do I sign up?
Or call us on 0300 003 0005
Find out more about ways to buy our training here
What else do I need to know?
Once you’ve enrolled you:
- Will have your login details emailed to you within two working days
- Can access the course online at any time and print a personalised certificate when you complete it
- Can cancel within 14 days if you need to.
Can I buy multiple courses?
If you work for a local authority and other training provider, you can make multiple purchases of this e-learning course. Call PACEY on 0300 003 0005 to discuss your requirements.