Child Exploitation and Online Safety E-learning
This course will give you the understanding of how children and young people use technology and the associated risks involved. It also provides the essential information to help protect children and young people from sexual exploitation and is a useful addition to any safeguarding training already undertaken.
What's the aim of the course?
This aim of this course is to understand how children and young people use technology and the associated risks involved. It also provides the essential information to help protect children and young people from sexual exploitation.
Who's the course for?
Childcare providers that want to protect children and young people from sexual exploitation and the risks with technology.
Why should I sign up?
The programme comprises of three modules covering:
- How technology is changing and its effects
- Information about children’s online world
- The risks of technology
- Child sexual exploitation: what is it and what are the warning signs
- What we can do, and understanding our responsibilities as Early Years Professionals
- Guidance on what Ofsted are looking for in their inspection of E-Safety
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of being an E-Safety officer in your childcare setting
This online training won't take long to complete, and you can access it from anywhere with an internet connection. You will be able to print a certificate upon completion.
How much is it?
PACEY members can buy the elearning short course bundle for £54.99 and save 20%!
The elearning bundle contains three online short courses:
- Child Exploitation and Online Safety
- Basic Food Hygiene
- An Introduction to Data Protection
How can I sign up?
Or call us on 0300 003 0005 to book your course.
Find out more about ways to buy our training
What else do I need to know?
Once you’ve enrolled you:
- Will have your login details emailed to you within two working days
- Can access the course online at any time and print a personalised certificate when you complete it
- Cancel within 14 days if you want to
- Have two attempts at passing. Contact PACEY's customer services team on 0300 003 0005 if you need to re-take the course. Please be aware there will be an administration charge for this.
Can I buy multiple courses?
If you work for a local authority and other training provider, you can make multiple purchases of this e-learning course. Call PACEY on 0300 003 0005 to discuss your requirements.