Data protection e-learning: An introduction
If you handle personal information about the children in your care, it’s important that you understand the Data Protection Act. Our course will bring you up to speed on how to act within the law.
What’s the aim of the course?
- As a childcare professional, you’ll hold information such as:
- Children’s names, dates of birth, address, allergies and medical information
- Parents’ names, addresses and bank details
- Staff information such as bank details, national insurance numbers and qualifications.
In this course, you’ll find out more you about your responsibilities when it comes to handling personal information and how to act within the law.
Who’s the course for?
It’s essential information for all childcare professionals.
Why should I sign up?
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Understand the introduction of the Data Protection Act 1998 and why it’s important to you
- Explain who the Act covers
- Identify the eight main requirements of the Act
- Understand the rules if you hold sensitive information
- Recognise how to handle requests for information.
How much is it?
Member: £15.60 (including VAT)
Non-member: £18.99 (including VAT)
How can I sign up?
Or call us on 0300 003 0005
Find out more about ways to buy training here
What else do I need to know?
Once you’ve enrolled you:
- Will have your login details emailed to you within two working days
- Can access the course online at any time and print a personalised certificate when you complete it
- Cancel within 14 days if you want to
- Have two attempts at passing. Contact PACEY's customer services team on 0300 003 0005 if you need to re-take the course. Please be aware there will be an administration charge for this.
Can I buy multiple courses?
If you work for a local authority and other training provider, you can make multiple purchases of this e-learning course. Call PACEY on 0300 003 0005 to discuss your requirements.