Effective induction, supervision and appraisal
Whether you're a manager or supervisor in a nursery or a childminder with an assistant, this course will provide you with the knowledge and understanding you need to meet and go beyond the statutory requirements for induction and supervision.
What's the aim of the course?
Effective inductions, supervision and appraisals are key to ensuring staff feel valued and motivated and also that they remain up to date.
The aim of this approximately 5 hour course is to support you to promote the welfare, interests and development of the children in your setting and also ensures your staff remain both competent and engaged in their own professional development.
Following these processes for induction, supervision and appraisals will support you to reflect on the things needed to ensure you have outstanding staff.
Who's the course for?
Managers and supervisors in a nursery or childminders with an assistant.
Why should I sign up?
Maintaining clear and robust processes will support the quality of your setting and provide evidence for Ofsted/CSSIW.
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand how to implement and evidence the statutory requirements for induction and supervision
- Understand the need to ensure new staff understand their roles and responsibilities
- Understand the value of supervision and appraisals in developing staff
- Be able to measure the impact of staff's learning and development
You will be provided with sample templates that you can use or adapt in practice and handy hints and tips on recording and tracking. You will reflect on case studies and work through scenarios.
How much is it?
How can I sign up?
Or call us on 0300 003 0005
Find out about the different ways to buy our training here
What else do I need to know?
Once you’ve enrolled you:
- Will have your login details emailed to you within two working days
- Can access the course online at any time and print a personalised certificate when you complete it
- Can cancel within 14 days if you need to.
Can I buy multiple courses?
If you work for a local authority and other training provider, you can make multiple purchases of this e-learning course. Call PACEY on 0300 003 0005 to discuss your requirements.