Food safety and hygiene training
If you provide food in your childcare setting it's important that you have a food safety and hygiene qualification. Our Level 2 food safety and hygiene for early years settings course will give you the guidance you need.
What's the aim of the course?
The course provides learners with up-to-date food hygiene information, case studies, interactive exercises and videos to ensure learners are aware of their food safety responsibilities. It will take approximately 2 hours to complete and on successful completion of the quiz you can print a certificate.
This course has been accredited by the Royal Society of Public Health (RSPH) providing reassurance that the course meets specific learning objectives and has high standards of training design. RSPH is an independent health education charity and the world’s longest-established public health body.
Who's the course for?
This course has been designed to support early years practitioners in England and Wales when providing food for children in their setting.
Why should I sign up?
The course's modular, bite-size format provides an easy way to learn the essentials. You can also print a personalised certificate on successful completion of the course to provide evidence of learning and CPD hours.
The course covers:
- The law and national frameworks
- The importance of food safety
- Keeping clean when handling food and drink
- Preparing and serving food and drink safely
- Clearing away food and drink safely
- Storing food and drink safely
- Further advice and support
The online training can be accessed from wherever you have an internet connection, including smartphones and tablets. You can log in and out of your training and resume where you left off whenever is convenient to you.
How much is it?
How can I purchase this course?
Buy the course online using the link above, or call us on 0300 003 0005 to book over the phone.
What else do I need to know?
Once you’ve enrolled you:
- will have six months in which to complete your course
- will have your login details emailed to you within two working days
- can access the course online at any time and print a personalised certificate when you complete it
- cancel within 14 days (please see the cancellation policy)
Can I buy multiple courses?
If you work for a group setting, local authority or other training providers, you can make multiple purchases of this e-learning course. Call us on 0300 003 0005 to discuss your requirements.