Higher level qualifications
PACEY promotes the need for childcare and early years professionals to upskill and continuously develop their practice. PACEY Cymru works closely with key partners to support access and availability of higher level qualifications relevant to the workforce in Wales, including childminders and other childcare and early years professionals.
PACEY Cymru work closely with Educ8 and are currently able to refer members who meet key eligibility criteria for the Level 5 Children’s Care Learning and Development - Advanced Practice (CCLD).
If you hold a Level 3 Children’s Care and Development (CCLD) or relevant equivalent are looking at enrolling on a Level 5 course we would love to hear from you.
Information on what qualifications are seen as an equivalent to the Level 3 CCLD can be found within this document. Please note that a degree or higher level qualification in non-related childcare/early years subject is not seen as an equivalent in Wales where the focus is on occupational competency which needs to be demonstrated rather than academic ability. If you do not meet this criteria you will need to consider enrolling on a Level 3 CCLD.
Eligibility for the Level 5 is looked at on a case by case basis but ideally to be eligible you would:
- have a Level 3 CCLD or equivalent
- have a minimum of 2 years' experience in the childcare sector - this could be as a childminder, in a day nursery, or in a playgroup etc
- need to be able to commit to attending group events and training sessions held
- be able to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to achieve the Level 5 - in particular understanding the need to demonstrate competence in areas of the qualification that require you to be managing staff or supporting others.
- not have already accessed a similar programme funded through European funding
What should I do if I am interested?
Take a look through the above criteria to think about whether this training is right for you. Once you have done this look at our Training Partnerships page for further information and next steps.