We offer free training and support for childcare professionals in Wales.
PACEY Cymru has teamed up with training provider Educ8 to offer tailored support for people studying for level 3 and 5 Children's Care Learning and Development (CCLD) diplomas in Wales.
Following the launch of Progress for Success PACEY Cymru are also looking to develop partnerships with other training providers in Wales and updates on this will be added as this work progresses.
Benefits of the training with Educ8, which most people complete over 12-18 months, include:
- Inspiration and learning which will support you in your career as a childminder and nanny in Wales
- Support from the Educ8 team whilst you complete the training
- Ability to choose what you want to study so it's in line with your personal interests or areas of work
- Opportunity to have work that you've already completed taken into account, including the unit you have to complete to register as a childminder in Wales
- Flexible training delivered through workshops, available at weekends and evenings, and work-based observation.
"The level 3 CCLD qualification gave me an opportunity to brush up on my skills and discover better ways of working with children. It was fantastic to share my experiences and stories with other childminders on my course. I feel proud to be qualified and even more confident in my own abilities. If you’re considering enrolling onto the course – just do it! It’s the best decision I’ve made in my career." Joanne Stephens, childminder
How to apply
For more information, and to find out if you're eligible to apply for our training funding, call the PACEY Cymru office on 0845 880 1299.