PACEY have worked in partnership with Educ8 since 2014 to support the delivery of Level 3 and Level 5 QCF Diplomas in Children's Care, Learning and Development (CCLD) to members in Wales and Educ8 have supported over 100 childminders in Wales to gain CCLD qualifications since 2014.
Established in 2004, Educ8 has emerged as an expert training provider to the Care and Child Care sectors in Wales. Quality is at the heart of everything at Educ8 and their experienced assessors provide learners with tremendous support to help them achieve. We have been deemed a ‘centre of excellence’ by City and Guilds with regards to our Child Care training and the feedback we receive from learners is very positive:
“The level 3 QCF gave me an opportunity to brush up on my skills and discover better ways of working with children. It was fantastic to share my experiences and stories with other childminders on my course and now I feel proud to be qualified and even more confident in my own abilities. The training with Educ8 was delivered superbly well and I had a great relationship with my assessor who was really flexible and extremely knowledgeable. If you are even considering enrolling onto the course– just do it! It’s the best decision I’ve made in my career!” Joanne Stephens, Childminder
Educ8 are a partner in the Vocational Skills Partnership (VSP) consortium. As a training provider in Wales VSP are inspected by Estyn, who inspect quality and standards. Read their latest inspection report to find out more. They were judged good on current performance and excellent on prospects for improvement.
Educ8 are an Investors in People GOLD organisation, a three-star Best Company and according to the Times Newspaper, the second best small company in the UK to work for.
To make a positive impact on the social and economic future of our communities through developing, empowering and inspiring individuals to achieve their true potential.
Educ8’s Core Values
- Honesty – we inspire trust amongst our customers, learners, partners and colleagues by delivering on our promises and demonstrating honesty and truthfulness at all times
- Integrity – we hold ourselves accountable by honouring our commitments, providing results and striving for excellence in all that we do
- Respect – we afford due respect to ourselves and others by celebrating diversity and valuing individuals for their unique talents and skills
- Positivity – we embrace a ‘can do’ culture across the organisation by facing changes and challenges with a positive attitude and a smile
Educ8 Provide training for those living in the following Local Authority areas;
Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan.
- The qualifications are made up of mandatory and optional units - these can be selected in-line with your personal interests/areas of work.
- Any relevant work that you have completed previously can be cross referenced to avoid duplication
- Training is delivered via a combination of workshops and work-based observations by your allocated assessor
- CCLD qualifications are ideal for individuals working in day care settings, childminders or nannies in Wales
- Most learners complete the award within 12-18 months; our award-winning training team will provide you with all the support you need to achieve
- All learners will receive a student discount card free of charge
How do I express an interest in training with Educ8?
To express an interest in Level 3 training see here
If you have checked you meet the eligibility criteria on our Higher Level Qualifications page and have chosen Educ8 as your preferred training organisation the first step is to complete an Expression of Interest Form these are available in
Express an interest in Level 5 English Language
Express an interest in Level 5 Welsh Language
Print out the appropriate form, complete the necessary details and post back to the Wales office (the address is on the form). PACEY Cymru will then check the details provided and forward to Educ8 who will contact you by phone or email with next steps.