Childcare Business Grants
The Department for Education has confirmed that the Childcare Business Grant will continue with new terms and conditions below, effective from 4 April 2018. Newly registered childminders in England may be eligible for a grant of up to £1000 to help meet the cost of starting their childminding business.
Who is eligible?
- The grant is available to childminders, childcare providers on domestic premises and childminder agencies operating in England.
- You must be registered with Ofsted or a CMA on the Early years Register.
- You must be planning to offer the 30 hours funded childcare entitlement for 3- and 4-year-olds yourself, or in partnership if you are a childminder or childcare provider on domestic premises.
- Funding is not available to anyone who has claimed the grant previously, unless you are now applying as a childminding agency.
How much is it?
- Grants of £300 available for applicants who are a newly registered Childminder or Childcare Provider on Domestic Premises in all areas of England.
- A locality supplement of £200 on top of the universal award providing a total grant of £500, will be available for applicants who are a newly registered Childminder or Childcare Provider on Domestic Premises and operate in listed target local authorities.
- £1000 for an early years childminder or childcare provider on domestic premises planning to care for children with special educational needs and disability (SEN/D)
- £1000 for a Childminder Agency (CMA).
You can only apply for ONE grant.
What can I spend the money on?
How to apply
- You will need a copy of your Ofsted certificate in order to apply.
- Be a new business, you must apply within three months of your registration.
- You need to be registered by Ofsted on the Early Years register.
- You may be selected for a post-payment audit if you claim £500. If you claim £1000 you will be audited.
- You will be notified of your audit within 12 months of your grant payment.
- Keep all your receipts for at least 12 months after the grant.
Read and download FAQs on the Business Grant changes from Department for Education.
Apply at www.childcarebusinessgrants.com/