Registering as a childminder in London
Ofsted has been developing a new online registration service which they're rolling out across England, starting with Greater London. Ofsted plans to gradually increase the number of people applying through the service, with a view to it being country-wide during January to March 2019.
This new service will run alongside the existing online registration system, and prospective childminders in Greater London can choose which system they would prefer to use.
What do I need to do?
- New childminder applicants who have a home postcode in London or Greater London can apply via the new service at https://www.gov.uk/become-childminder-nanny/register-childminder
- The new service is only for new applications. If you've have already started applying on Ofsted Online you should carry on using the old service.
- This new service is just for childminders in Greater London - Ofsted is still working on services for other types of provision.
- If you have any questions about the new service, you can ask directly on Ofsted's Facebook page.
- If you choose to use the new service you'll get guidance and specific contacts when you begin your online application.
More help for you
If you're starting on the road to registration as a chilmdinder, come and join First Steps to Childminding - a Facebook group for people interested in becoming a childminder in England.