Government guidance and key resources - Coronavirus
This page shares the latest information from government as well as links to relevant support from PACEY.
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough or
- high temperature or
- loss or change in your sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
You can access the latest advice on symptoms, isolation information if you or someone you live with has symptoms and information for people at higher risk via the NHS website.
You can access all the government advice around Coronavirus through their dedicated website area. Make sure you are aware of the following government guidance relevant for the early years and childcare:
You can also take a look at key resources from PACEY:
- Coronavirus and childcare provision : Guidance on childcare for parents and childcare providers during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Information for Wales : Here you will find the government advice from Wales and PACEY Cymru.
- Taking all reasonable measures to maintain physical distancing in the workplace : This document includes reference to childcare and education settings where it states: 'where a service or business is responsible for looking after or working with children or vulnerable adults, it would not be reasonable to institute rigid physical distancing. In addition, safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults must not be compromised.'
- How should schools and childcare settings implement social distancing? : Welsh Government guidance on social distancing in schools and settings.
- Suspension of Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) and Estyn inspections (in Wales) - CIW have confirmed that routine inspections are suspended with Estyn confirming that inspections and other activities are also suspended until further notice. CIW have stated that you should notify CIW of confirmed and suspected cases of COVID-19 of people using the service, staff and family members. By suspected, they mean people showing symptoms of the virus (new continuous cough, or high temperature, or loss or change in your normal sense of smell). Please use CIW Online to notify them and report as you would any infectious disease. If your childminding service is now closed, please inform CIW by emailing CIW@gov.wales If you are closing due to the outbreak you should notify PACEY Cymru, if you hold insurance and/or membership with us, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further advice on financial support, FAQs and more can be found here.