Quality Start scheme
Quality Start – PACEY membership for childminders in your local area
PACEY supports local authorities to develop flexible, high quality childcare and early education for children and families by supporting new childminders.
PACEY’s popular Quality Start scheme now includes PACEY’s improved Practitioner membership. Powering practice with expert and up-to-date support to help new childminders develop their understanding and implementation of the curriculum and regulations they must meet. PACEY membership also helps to support childminders:
- in filling places
- managing their finances
- strengthening their business knowledge
- maintaining relevant learning and CPD
- strengthening relationships with parents.
PACEY Practitioner and Practitioner Plus* memberships now include PACEY Practitioner Insurance as standard to help protect and reassure. The insurance offers:
In addition, legal expenses cover is also included for 24/7 legal advice, with new features of:
- Free, confidential, and professional counselling for the member, their family, and any staff they employ
- Tax Advice
- Crisis Communication
- Identity Theft Resolution
- Redundancy Assistance
(Terms, conditions, limits, exclusions and excesses apply as per the Policy Wording.)
In addition, Quality Start members will access all the valuable benefits that PACEY offers:
- Free online bite-sized CPD training and discounted training courses including First Aid, Safeguarding and Food Hygiene, helping build confidence in their practice
- Support from PACEY Advisors, out of hours and at the end of the phone – ideal for reassurance, inspiration or even just to chat through an issue.
- Member-only virtual events - a chance to share ideas, gain inspiration and be part of a like-minded community by joining other members in hearing from leading experts on a range of issues. 96% of previous attendees rate them “useful” or “very useful”, with 100% of attendees planning to sign up for future events.
- Free digital and print magazines full of helpful advice and inspiration
- Access to specialist Facebook groups
- Tailored and relevant newsletters sharing the very latest guidance.
For a one-off payment of £210.83 (excluding VAT), our Quality Start scheme provides training and resources to support newly registered childminders to deliver high levels of care and early learning.
The Quality Start package includes;
- One year PACEY Practitioner membership including PACEY Practitioner Insurance, offering both Public Liability and Employer’s Liability cover, arranged by Morton Micel Ltd and underwritten by Covea Insurance PLC.
- PACEY Toolkit, packed with essential business documents including contracts, child record forms, an accounts book, and incident, medication & accident forms
- Unlimited access to PACEY’s resources, including factsheets, practice guides and how-to videos
- Free access to CEY Smart– our highly regarded online training platform
- Free 24 hour legal support
- Printed and digital copies of Childcare Professional magazine
- Discounts in the PACEY shop, providing essential items at great prices
- Discounted Safeguarding training
- Business support, including essential policies and procedures
Quality Start is just that – a great way to help new childminders in your area get a quality start in their new career, helping them to develop strong, viable businesses, and improving local childcare provision.
If you would like to purchase the Quality Start package for childminders in your area, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE individuals placed on the Quality Start scheme will be required to complete and return the application form before their membership and insurance can be processed.
PACEY Practitioner Policy is arranged and administered by Morton Michel Limited and underwritten by Covea Insurance plc.